Below are a few ways in which we will explain how physical activity can help you in looking better, feeling better and living better:
- It’s a natural anti-depressant
It is a known fact that regular activity can help you in relieving anxiety, depression and stress levels. That “feel good” sensation you get after jogging or biking is prove that your mood is uplifted. Physical activity is like a happy pill with zero side effects! You will soon notice that since you’ve made any physical activity a regular part of your life, you’ve become more happy and confident.
- It keeps you fit
Your body will lose all its stamina, strength and ability to function properly if you don’t exercise regularly. There’s an old saying “You don’t stop moving from growing old, you grow old when you stop moving” what it means is that you need to have a regular exercise plan in order to stay fit, regular exercise will improve your muscle strength which will increase your ability to do various physical activities.
- It helps in keeping the doctor away
Do you know that too much sitting and sedentary activities can increase the chances of a stroke! So stand up when you have your apple a day! One study shows that adults who watch 4 or more than 4 hours of television have an 80% increased chance of death by stroke and other cardiovascular illness.
Being fit has many other health benefits, they are:
- It lowers your blood pressure
- It boosts your levels of good cholesterol
- It improves blood circulation
- It manages your weight and keeps it under control
- It prevents major bone loss that could lead to osteoporosis
All of the above, if added up, can help you with less medical bills and medical assistance later in life.
- You can have a long life by staying fit and healthy
Yes, you heard us right, you can live longer if you commit on staying fit, for people who are living a healthy life, 70 is the new 60. People who are overweight and are obese have a shorter lifespan while people who are healthy tend to live 70 years longer compared to obese people. When you stay active, it helps in preventing any chronic disease and illness that is associated with aging. Adults who are active maintain their quality of life and independence as long as they live.
Below are some other health benefits you may get with a regular fitness plan:
- It helps you to quit smoking and remain tobacco-free.
- It boosts your energy and stamina levels so you can get more done.
- It helps you in managing stress and tension.
- It promotes a positive outlook and attitude.
- It helps you fall asleep faster along with sleeping more soundly.
- It improves your overall self-image and self-confidence.
- It provides many fun ways to spend time with friends, family, and pets.
- It helps you in spending more time outdoors or in the community.
The American Heart Association advised that at least 150 minutes of enough activity each week is necessary. If we do the math, then that’s only 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week. And around three 10-minute sharp walking breaks.
So that is it, we know that in the beginning all of this can seem like a lot, but once you incorporate regular fitness plans in your daily lives, then you won’t be able to live without them. Start off by just moving, don’t imagine that all your targets will be achieved by the end of the week, it takes time to get stable results, start small and stay dedicated, and always remember, one step at a time.